Pages

.

Demented Donuts and Golden Roasted Potato Salad



I seriously spend a LOT of time drooling over Louise's desserts on her blog Lick That Spoon.  It was the Golden Roasted Potato Salad that I stopped at though. I knew it would be the perfect side side for dinner. Plus, I had bought a giant jar of sun dried tomatoes and was happy I found a new way to use them.  Unfortunately, I my pictures didn't save on my camera.  The camera is on it's last leg and it's seriously time for a new one. 



So, I decided to make another recipe that I loved on her site.  Demented DonutsThe name alone caught my attention.  I knew my kids would love these and would be perfect for Secret Recipe Club.



We stuck the batter in a large gallon baggie and piped it into the hot oil.  We had fun making different shapes.  The kids were calling them mini funnel cakes. 

 
 
The kids had fun putting the cinnamon sugar on them.  This made for a wonderful dessert and I know we'll be making them again. 
 
 


DEMENTED DONUTS (Cinnamon Sugar Churros)
Adapted from Lick That Spoon

1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup milk
6 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 1/3 cup flour
2 eggs
3 cups vegetable oil

Put sugar and cinnamon in a baking tray and combine. Put milk and butter in a medium pan and cook, stirring over a low heat until the butter has melted (do not boil). Add flour and stir until mixture forms a ball. Transfer to a large bowl. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition until completely combined. Put mixture into a large piping bag or a gallon baggie.  Heat the oil over a high heat. Snip corner of baggie and drop swirls of mixture into the oil and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side  Immediately transfer with a slotted spoon to the sugar and roll until well covered.

Here is the delicious potato salad I made from Louise's blog as well.

Photo Courtesy of Lick That Spoon


GOLDEN ROASTED POTATO SALAD
Adapted from Lick That Spoon

5 large potatoes, diced
1/4 cup to 1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
1 stick of celery, sliced thinly
3 pieces bacon, fried till crispy
fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped roughly

Peel and chop potatoes into bite sized pieces. Place potato in a large saucepan and cover with water; boil for a little while until beginning to soften (but not too soft or it will just fall to bits). Remove from heat and drain.
Coat potato with a little oil and pop in the oven on a roasting tray, turning occasionally until roasted as desired. Cool. Combine all other ingredients in a bowl and add potato.
Toss gently to combine. Serve.








No comments:

Post a Comment